Life is falling to pieces: an illustrated journal

Life tends to suck if you let it. An illustrated journal about the way I've totally screwed up my life and (hopefully) how I'm going to get myself out of it.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Entry #57: Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow (gah, what an awful cliche pun)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Yeah, so you might notice the date on this entry is a bit off. Thats cause it was actually writen on Friday, but I had no time to finish inking or scan it until today.

In other news, I just finished reading the entire Death Note manga.... I can only say that it was one of the finest mangas -- no! strike that! --- one of the finest graphic novels I have ever read. Like an insanely nerve wracking game of chess. Never have I been so caught up in a cat and mouse game that intensely than I was with Death Note. Check it out!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that it is Hodgkin's lymphoma. This type of cancer generally has a good prognosis and lots of survivors.

And tell your boyfriend that this is a GREAT time to quit smoking if he hasn't already. The pollutants are most likely doing a number on his immune systems, which he needs to be strong as it is already injured by the lymphoma.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

Wow. I'm so glad he went and got this taken care of already. Just think if he had waited much longer. But cest la vie! I'm glad it was caught early and now he can start treatments to get better. Keep us updated on how he's doing.

1:45 AM  
Blogger slaghammer said...

Hi Serena,
Thanks for visiting my humble blog. It sounds like you guys have your work cut out for you. I know the frustration of dealing with the hospital-industrial-complex. While the particulars were different, I went through almost 9 months of chemo about 10 years ago. Everyone handles it in their own particular way. I was definitely one of the squeaky wheels but I eventually settled into the routine and it does get easier as time goes by. I hope everything goes well for you and the bf.
Regarding one of your previous posts, I had a similar incident with a geezer ramming my car while I was sitting in a parking lot. He tried to escape but got stuck in traffic before he went to far. I’ll post the sordid tale at my site someday.
By the way, great sketches and sorry for the extended response.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Serena said...

Dude no worries! Extended responses are awesome. I have a tendency to post them on peoples blogs and after which I look at it and go "damn!" Ultimately it looks like a lot, but really these reply colloms are rather narrow.

Also, crazy old people seem to crash into people constantly! A few years back, when my bf used drive this ridiculus monster truck, some old man tried to race us on the side of a one lane road... only he was driving in the area where the cars park. We didnt see him at first and then he swerved into our car when he couldnt drive any further and not hit something parked! Like I said, my bf drove a monster truck so this old man only hit the side of his tires, but his car got all fucked up! Afterward we find out that he didnt even have a license and it wasnt even his car! Crazy old buggers. Our first thought with my encounter was that it might have been another similar scenerio, but that guy was just an ass.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home