Life is falling to pieces: an illustrated journal

Life tends to suck if you let it. An illustrated journal about the way I've totally screwed up my life and (hopefully) how I'm going to get myself out of it.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Entry #51: No Phd in Mixology


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Actually, the social scene wasn't the only thing that sucked at Queens College. Their advisement was awful.

"When is the course schedule booklets coming out for next semester?"

"I don't know, they haven't come in yet."

"But I'm supposed to register for classes TOMORROW!!!"

No joke. Nobody knew nothing about anything in that school. Also, there were no course programs for your major. When it came to making your schedule, you were pretty much left to fend for yourself regarding taking all the classes you need and fullfilling all your liberal arts and science courses. Awful, just awful.

6 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

When you go back for those few classes, go out for a smoke during class breaks. Even if you don't smoke. That's where the 4-1-1 goes down when it comes to campus social life.

I love your blog btw. Especially how you have your posts in ringed binder setting. That is very original. =O)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Woozie said...

...go out for a smoke during class breaks.

Tobaccy or wacky tobaccy?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Did you ever think the atmosphere of the school may be why you have such a hard time finishing there? Just a thought....

8:55 AM  
Blogger Serena said...

nah.. i never really had a problem with the school's atmosphere. QC was really the kinda school where you finished everything on your own merit. Nobody checked up on you.. or really helped you in anyway. Towards the end, I really just wasn't sure what I wanted to do anymore. I had already decided that I didn't want to teach, so the degree I was getting was practically useless and, I dunno, I just couldn't finish it.

Then I signed up at my current school and still flaked out at the end. So I dont think it was the school's atmosphere. The difference between the two schools is regarding atmosphere is vast. I think its all on me.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Serena said...

also, i've just decided i need a new user icon. im getting sick of this green one.

9:03 AM  
Blogger AtriaBooks said...

While this isn't in response to this posting of yours, and I apologize for that, I gotta say your handwritten format style is one of the most original and inventive looking blogs I've ever seen.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home